The devices are designed as an enclosed cabinet which contains the following:
- frequency converters;
- switching equipment;
- control and display elements (on the cabinet door).
Devices are designed for mounting on a vertical wall.
The control devices support the following:
- soft start of coal-fired boiler feeder motors;
- control of the drive motors speed in the process automated control system;
- control of the drive motors speed according to a preset algorithm (on demand);
- coal-fired boiler feeder drive motors and frequency converters overload and short circuit protection;
- energy efficiency of the boiler technological process.
The device makes it possible to reduce the wear of electrical equipment, coal-fired boiler, increase productivity and efficiency of coal-fired boiler as well as its service life and equipment overhaul life.
The greatest efficiency of coal-fired boilers is achieved when coal-fired boiler feeder control devices work together with fire grate drive control devices.
Technological diagram of a coal-fired boiler feeder with fire grate drive is given in Figure 1.